It is never too early or too late to explore different job opportunities or enhance skills that can help you find the position you want now or in the future. By taking an intergenerational approach to this process youth can learn from the experience and wisdom of older adults who have successfully navigated the job market over the years.
The possibilities for intergenerational connections through job or career skills are limitless. With the support of the Verizon Foundation and resources on Thinkfinity.org, this guide provides brief activity descriptions geared toward a broad range of ages. We encourage you to submit additional suggestions and to connect with other older adults in an online user group for grandparents and volunteers with similar interests.
Pre-k to Grade Three:
- Think about what you want to be when you grow up
Grades Four to Eight:
- Learn about marine biology as a career
- Discover what scientists do when they go to work
- Write resumes for characters in historical fiction
Grades Nine to Twelve:
- Use this resume component checklist
- Act as an employment counselor helping someone with job placement